College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs
Apr 13 2015Summer 2015: Games in Urban Planning
Ever thought about how cities generate revenue? What about building some casinos, conference centers, producing [...]Read more
Mar 31 2015John Ziker selected for an award from the Fulbright Canada
John Ziker was selected for an award from the Fulbright Canada-RBC Eco-Leadership Program to support [...]Read more
Mar 06 2015ROTC Cadets Win 8th Brigade Ranger Challenge Competition
The Boise State University Army ROTC Ranger Challenge team won the 8th Brigade Ranger Challenge [...]Read more
Dec 16 2014The Idea of Nature – Spring 2015 Lecture Series
The goal of the series is to promote interdisciplinary inquiry and to foster dialogue across [...]Read more
Dec 03 2014The DNA of City Streets: Rethinking the Use of Street Right of Way
Peter Koonce, P.E., is a transportation engineer working to make systems more sustainable. He will [...]Read more
Jul 30 2014Criminal Justice lecturer Ginny Hatch on Dateline
Boise State Criminal Justice lecturer Ginny Hatch comments on a brutal attack in rural Idaho [...]Read more
Jun 06 2014NEW Leadership Idaho Urges Women to Engage, Run for Office
Twenty female college students from institutions across Idaho are participating this week in the inaugural [...]Read more
May 23 2014Becoming Basque: Ethnic Heritage of Boise’s Grove Street
Becoming Basque connects the immigrant city we were to the ethnic mosaic we are. Edited [...]Read more
Boise State University’s School of Public Service will launch Fall 2015.
Boise State University’s College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs is the lead institution in the state of Idaho for providing education and scholarship in Public Affairs and Social Sciences. Browse our programs and departments, or discover how giving to SSPA can make a difference.
Educating students for engaged citizenship.
Addressing local problems from a global perspective.
Learning from our past to inform our future.
- Tate Fegley
- Stay in Your Lane
- Boise State University Professor Emeritus, Jim Weatherby, quoted in The Spokesman-Review
- John Freemuth Quoted in Idaho Statesman
- Starting Over Again: The Refugee Experience in Boise, Idaho
- Brian Wampler Organizes Conference
- Community Engagement-OSHER
- John Freemuth, the Boise State University political science professor who has advised Interior officials working on the fire and sage grouse report, observed the inaction of the past decade and called the changes Jewell has made “remarkable.”
- Brian Wampler
- PPRC Director Presents at 2015 European Geosciences Union General Assembly