Office location: Office Hours:
Assistant Professor, Director of Multi-Ethnic Studies
Sergio Romero received his Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Oregon in 2004. His scholarship focuses on welfare reform policy networks employing quantitative and qualitative methods.
He has also done research on Latino immigrant labor. He has presented papers at national and international conferences and continues to publish in a variety of sources.
As the Director of the Multi-Ethnic Studies Program, Prof. Romero is developing the curriculum to prepare majors as community scholars. The Program will prepare students to live and work in a society with a growing ethnic and inter-racial population.
- Soc 101 Introduction to Sociology
- Soc 102 Social Problems
- Soc 230 Introduction to Multi-Ethnic Studies
- Soc 301 Sociological Theory
- Soc 332 Introduction to Mexican-American Studies
- Soc 333 Contemporary Issues of Chicanas/Chicanos
- Soc 480 Seminar in Multi-Ethnic Studies
- Soc 498 Sociology Seminar
- Soc 499 Senior Seminar in Mexican -American Studies