To be endorsed as a school social worker in Idaho you need the following:
- An MSW from a CSWE Accreditated University.
- Completed a graduate level school social work course.
- Completed an advanced MSW practicum in school social work OR be able to demonstrate significant social work practice with children and families.
- Be a licensed social worker certified by the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses.
To obtain the endorsements send the following:
- A transcript showing your MSW course work.
- A copy of the syllabus and/or course description of the school social work class you have completed.
- A copy of your resume
- A filled in copy of the State of Idaho Department of Education Endorsement Form B2.
- A self-addressed envelop
Robin W. Allen, PhD, MSW
Boise State University
School of Social Work
1910 University DR
Boise ID 83725-1940
Failure to send the appropriate materials will delay the review of your application.
What if I need to take a school social work course?
If you need to take a school social work course there are several options:
- If you live in the Treasure Valley, BSU typically offers this course in the spring semester.
- To enroll in this course if you already have an MSW you need to:
- Enroll at BSU as a non-degree seeking graduate student prior to the start of the spring semester
- Add the class
- The class is typically offered late afternoon on Mondays and a 2 credit course
- If you live in Twin Falls, Lewiston or Coeur d’Alene there is a chance the course will be offered in the spring semester at BSU’s MSW Programs that are located in each of those cities
- If you are not able to travel to one of these sites to take this course, I will offer it as a on-line option. Contact me directly at: email@example.com