Certificate in Refugee Services Foundation provides the introductory knowledge and skills needed to deliver high quality service to refugees and their families.
Who Should Enroll:
Individuals working in Human Service Programs where refugees would be seeking services would benefit from attending this course.
- Resettlement staff
- Social workers in any setting serving refugees
- School personnel serving refugee children and families
- Medical staff in both outpatient and inpatient settings
- Parks and recreation staff and other programs serving children
- Child welfare staff
- Mental health workers
- Food and income support program staff
- Housing staff
- Corrections, etc.
Fall 2013 courses offered
Principles of Refugee Resettlement
This course explores the resettlement process in the United States and prepare students with the knowledge and skills to assist in the resettlement experience for refugees. Examination of personal values and beliefs and the ways those may influence practice will be an integral part of this course.
Case Management With Refugees
This course will prepare students with the basic case management skills as applied in refugee serving agencies such as refugee resettlement, health settings and mental health agencies.