School of Social Work
The Boise State University School of Social Work prepares graduates for beginning social work practice with individuals and families, groups, organizations and communities and for advanced social work practice with individuals and families. We are committed to human rights, social and economic justice, egalitarianism, and respect for diversity.
Within the context of this mission, the goals of the School of Social Work are to:
- Promote academic excellence that integrates social work theory and practice with community-based experiential learning and focuses on improving the human condition globally.
- Develop programming to address local, state, regional social work education needs.
- Support high quality scholarships that advances social work knowledge.
- Foster inclusiveness, cultural competence and sensitivity.
- Provide leadership in the development of service delivery systems.