Scholarship applications are now online at: http://financialaid.boisestate.edu/scholarships/boise-state-scholarship-application/
Application deadline for scholarships is March 15th, 2013.
There are four opportunities for criminal justice students attending Boise State University to receive scholarships from the Department of Criminal Justice. General departmental scholarships require no application.
Applications for the FBI Scholarship, Ted Hopfenbeck Scholarship and the Michael Blankenship Social Justice Scholarship are completed online at the link above.
General Departmental Scholarships
The names of eligible criminal justice students, GPAs and class rankings are forwarded to the department for consideration in February. The dollar amount the department has to distribute varies by the current number of criminal justice majors. We typically make several awards ranging from over $1000 (for the Academic Excellence Award) down to $200 (minimum allowed), and amounts in between, for general scholarships. The department will take the following criteria into consideration when making an award:
1) Grade Point Average: Typically awardees must have a 3.0 plus GPA, but that does not guarantee that a person will receive an award. Award for GPAs above 3.0 in any given year depend on who is eligible that year and on the applicability of the other criteria;
2) Either senior standing (at least 90 completed credits) as a Criminal Justice Major at the time the award will be used,
one or more awards of varying amounts to an outstanding Criminal Justice graduate student who has completed at least 9 hours of graduate credit in the department.;
3) For undergraduate awards, completion of at least 15 credit hours at Boise State University;
4) Involvement in departmental service, leadership and research (LAE, APS, volunteer work, research endeavors with faculty, etc.);
5) Faculty familiarity with student from in-class involvement.