Scott Yenor, an Associate Professor and Chair of the Political Science Department, is being interviewed on Catholic Radio San Diego.
Dr. Yenor teaches political science philosophy and has also published on a variety of subjects, including the Scottish Enlightenment, the philosophic status of revealed religion, American literature, and the family in modern political thought.
Dr. Yenor is the author of “Family Politics: The Idea of Marriage in Modern Political Thought.”
The interview will focus on these issues:
- How so many modern political thinkers, from John Locke onwards, don’t have a clue about marriage.
- How modern political thinkers have contributed to the confusion about marriage.
- What the nuclear family is and whether it improves on the family forms that came before.
- Why Dr Yenor (a non-Catholic) thinks John Paul II has something uniquely valuable to offer modern political thought on marriage.
- How the idea that marriage is a contract has been a two-edged sword, improving marriage and family life in some ways and causing confusion and crisis in other ways.
- What the modern aspiration to “conquer nature” means for family life.
- And much more!
Listen live to the broadcast at www.catholicradioofsandiego.