This is the Hemingway Western Studies Center, located to the east of the Albertson Library. The Anthropology Department offices are located in the east end of the building.The Hemingway Center was built in 1941 by the Works Progress Administration and originally known as the Assembly Hall. Boise Junior College graduations were held there every Spring from 1942 until 1955. In 1953 the Cunningham Memorial Organ was installed. The building was renamed the Hemingway Western Studies Center in 1986. It currently houses the Department of Anthropology, offices of the Hemingway Writers Series, and several English and Art Department faculty, as well as a large area used for exhibits, meetings, and organ recitals.